What is a dual credit?
Dual credits allow secondary students to “take a free ride” to college!
Students participate in apprenticeship training or postsecondary courses that count towards both their secondary school diploma and their postsecondary diploma or apprenticeship certification at no cost.
The dual credit program is intended to encourage secondary school students to complete their secondary school education and to consider continuing on to postsecondary education. The program provides opportunities to explore career prospects; and it ensures a successful transition to college and apprenticeship programs.
Benefits of taking a dual credit course:
- Experiencing the college atmosphere
- Gaining free college credits
- Access to free transportation
- Free textbooks and supplies provided on a lending program
- Exploring career options at the college level
Link to current Dual Credit Course Descriptions